Hi lovely ladies,
We had a great meeting last week with a fun skit and our second session on Present Over Perfect. We spent a lot time discussing the roles we play in our lives. The roles we are given by our families, our friends, co-workers and even parents at our children's school. Are you the workhorse, the dependable one, the funny one, or maybe the decision maker? I spent a lot of time reflecting about the different roles I play--the ones I want to keep and the ones I wish I hadn't lost. And as the holidays quickly approach, I find myself thinking about how I'll get put back into certain roles once I'm surrounded by family. I hope this week we can all find some time to work on a characteristic we lost along the way. Is it to be silly, spontaneous, nonjudgmental, whimsical? For me, it will be to be present. I get so caught up in what I have to do next that I forget to take a few minutes out of my busy schedule to just be with my kids, or be with my husband, or on that rare occasion be in the moment with just myself. And while there is always something I wish I hadn't lost or a role I want to change, I am most thankful for a lot of the roles I get to play everyday that make my life so enjoyable--the ones that help me learn and grow as a mom, a wife, and friend. I hope we can all take time this week to also be thankful for those roles and be proud of the women we've become to be able to fill them.
Kate's Foundation
We also discussed in the meeting about our opportunity to give back to Kate's Foundation. As many of you may remember Kathryn Butler, who was a MOPS member, passed away on February 17, 2017 after a courageous battle with cancer. Her husband started the Kathryn Butler Memorial Foundation to continue her mission in making a difference in the lives of others. For the month of October, MOPS and MOMSNext will be raising money for Kate's Foundation.
You can contribute to the foundation through PayPal on their website, or by sending a check to SVCF with “Kathryn Butler Memorial Foundation” in the memo line. We are also collecting donations at our next meeting, so you can bring any change/cash/check to drop into a "Donation Jar" at your table.
On a lighter side, check out some of the photos from the skit at meeting this week that I hope will brighten your week. Thank you to all the ladies that participated in the skit to help us laugh and remind us it's ok to be silly.
We had a great meeting last week with a fun skit and our second session on Present Over Perfect. We spent a lot time discussing the roles we play in our lives. The roles we are given by our families, our friends, co-workers and even parents at our children's school. Are you the workhorse, the dependable one, the funny one, or maybe the decision maker? I spent a lot of time reflecting about the different roles I play--the ones I want to keep and the ones I wish I hadn't lost. And as the holidays quickly approach, I find myself thinking about how I'll get put back into certain roles once I'm surrounded by family. I hope this week we can all find some time to work on a characteristic we lost along the way. Is it to be silly, spontaneous, nonjudgmental, whimsical? For me, it will be to be present. I get so caught up in what I have to do next that I forget to take a few minutes out of my busy schedule to just be with my kids, or be with my husband, or on that rare occasion be in the moment with just myself. And while there is always something I wish I hadn't lost or a role I want to change, I am most thankful for a lot of the roles I get to play everyday that make my life so enjoyable--the ones that help me learn and grow as a mom, a wife, and friend. I hope we can all take time this week to also be thankful for those roles and be proud of the women we've become to be able to fill them.
Kate's Foundation
We also discussed in the meeting about our opportunity to give back to Kate's Foundation. As many of you may remember Kathryn Butler, who was a MOPS member, passed away on February 17, 2017 after a courageous battle with cancer. Her husband started the Kathryn Butler Memorial Foundation to continue her mission in making a difference in the lives of others. For the month of October, MOPS and MOMSNext will be raising money for Kate's Foundation.
You can contribute to the foundation through PayPal on their website, or by sending a check to SVCF with “Kathryn Butler Memorial Foundation” in the memo line. We are also collecting donations at our next meeting, so you can bring any change/cash/check to drop into a "Donation Jar" at your table.
On a lighter side, check out some of the photos from the skit at meeting this week that I hope will brighten your week. Thank you to all the ladies that participated in the skit to help us laugh and remind us it's ok to be silly.
__________________________________________________
Weekly Devotional
Give respect to your father and mother, for without them
you wouldn’t be here. And don’t neglect them when they grow
old. Embrace the truth and hold it close. Don’t let go of wisdom,
instruction and life-giving understanding. When a father observes
his child living in godliness, he is ecstatic with joy-nothing makes
him prouder! So may your father’s heart bust with joy and your
mother’s soul be filled with gladness because of you.
you wouldn’t be here. And don’t neglect them when they grow
old. Embrace the truth and hold it close. Don’t let go of wisdom,
instruction and life-giving understanding. When a father observes
his child living in godliness, he is ecstatic with joy-nothing makes
him prouder! So may your father’s heart bust with joy and your
mother’s soul be filled with gladness because of you.
~ Proverbs 23:22-25
__________________________________________________






Comments
Post a Comment