Skip to main content

Weekly Blog: Dec. 10th-16th

Hello lovely ladies,

I hope you all enjoyed our first study on Present Over Perfect. This last session was such a wonderfully positive way to end the series, titled Living the Love. It made me think about how I'm truly loved, and how to hold on to that feeling in my everyday life.

I feel like I go through the day trying so hard to impress or keep up with the people around me, and it's exhausting. Sometimes I can go through the whole day and not once feel appreciated or loved for all that I do. And what I forget when I'm feeling like that is the power of God's love. This session was such a great reminder of that. How incredible to think that there's nothing more or less I can do in His eyes to become more valuable to Him. What a wonderful and calming feeling. And when I think about that, I do feel deeply loved.

It made think about this ongoing list of things I have in my head of what I need to do to improve myself, whether it's the things I do or the way I look, or the qualities I possess. And as I look at this list, one of the most fundamental things that's missing is what I'm doing to care for my soul, my relationship with God. I sometimes forget about the one who loves me unconditionally for who I am, what I am, and no matter what I do. And it suddenly hits me at how powerful that is and how unimportant and superficial this list is that I've made.

There was a lot I learned in this series, but the one thing I need to remind myself is what Shauna said towards the end of the last video, that this process is a journey. I can't expect to change everything overnight, but I can start to take away seats at my table, start saying "no" to some things, care more for my soul, and be proud of those tiny moments of success. I'm so thankful that I have MOMSnext and all of you to take this journey with.

And if you didn't see the video shown at last week's meeting or want to see it again, please click on the picture below or click on this link. It contains a powerful message and I think a great way to wrap up our first series. Please take a few minutes to watch.




Food Rotation
Leadership and Table Leaders will be blessing us with food this week. Thank you!


Gift Exchange
There will also be a gift exchange at this week's meeting, for the Christmas Party. This is completely optional but if you would like to participate, please bring a wrapped $5 gift to that meeting to exchange that is something you would also want to receive. And even if you don't want to participate in the gift exchange or just forgot to bring one, please still come to the meeting. This is not meant to be obligatory but more as just an extra fun thing for those that want to participate. The most important thing is that you come to enjoy good food and good company!


Last night for Bethlehem Event
The last night to see Bethlehem at Santa Clara First Baptist Church is tonight! It's a completely free event. I took my family last night for the first time and we were all blown away. Words can not even describe how spectacular it is. They tell the story of the birth of Jesus by following the journey of Joseph and Mary through Bethlehem. You can walk through the re-created city of Biblical Bethlehem at the time of the birth of Jesus Christ and the Christmas story will be told around you every half hour with hundreds of costumed actors as you experience the drama, music, live animals, interactive market place, and full size sets.

There was also plenty of activities for the kids. In the town square they have all kinds of activities from making your own yarn from sheep's wool to making jewelry, playing games, trying bread and so much more. My kids had a blast. We spent almost two hours there in the freezing cold because they didn't want to miss anything. 

Tonight, December 11th, is the last night it will run from 6:30pm to 9:00pm. It is located at Santa Clara First Baptist Church on 3111 Benton Street. For more information, see their website at www.scfbc.org/bethlehem/





Family Giving Tree - Holiday Wish Drive
I'm sure a lot of you have donated to the Holiday Wish Drive in the past. This is where you can donate a new toy or gift to families in need. And with the Holiday Wish Drive, the Family Giving Tree needs volunteers to help manage all the gifts being donated. This entails helping to set up the warehouse space, receive gifts, sort and prepare gifts, help load gifts into agency vehicles, and clean up the warehouse space at the end of the Drive. This is a great way to get your kids involved and share time together to give joy and hope to those in need. 

Kama, on MOMSNext leadership, is already putting a group together of volunteers for December 18th from 9am until noon. If you'd like to be a part of this group, please email Kama at kama.chameleon@gmail.com. 

To learn more, check out the Family Giving Tree's website. (Look whose featured on their website - our very own Kari Oliver!)

HWD Volunteer header


Mom's Night Out
At last week's meeting, Kama shared details about our next Mom's Night out happening next year on February 1st. Mark your calendars! We will have a private party at Romantiques in Los Gatos starting at 7pm. Light appetizers and a cocktail will be served, while the sales ladies are there to get you what you need. Don't worry, you don't have to try on your items in front of us. This party will be a $15 buy in to attend, where the proceeds will go to MOMSnext. Even if you don't end up buying anything, please still come, relax, enjoy time with lovely ladies. With it being so close to Valentine's Day, I'm sure this is one event your husbands won't mind watching the kids for!


________________________________

You formed my innermost being, shaping my delicate inside and my 
intricate outside, and you wove them all together in my mother’s womb.

~ Psalm 139:13 
________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't forget to RSVP for the MOMSnext End of the Year Celebration!

Hello MomsNext Mamas,  We are so excited to be able to celebrate the end of our MOMSnext year together In Person & Via Zoom on Saturday April 24th, 2021 @10am-12pm. We will be meeting at Courtney's park-like backyard near church, so there is lots of outdoor space to distance. So please bring your own chair or blanket to sit as we social distance in community together.  5549 Sharon Lane San Jose, CA 95124  *Enter through the right side gate to the backyard… Here is the E-vite link as well in case it goes to your spam. http://evite.me/FTCXPwFAw4 *MOMSnext will be providing a light brunch of catered food that is wrapped and sealed so it is safe to grab and take to your seat to enjoy.  We have missed being all together so much and look forward to sharing with each other what this year has ment to us. We will have time to share our highlights, pray together, and Give thanks to our Mentor Moms and Leadership team for all they have done to make this year great amongst t...

MOMSnext Starts Friday, September 17th, 2021

 

MOMSnext Meeting this Friday, Sept 28th!

Hello wonderful MOMSnext mammas! I'm looking forward to seeing you all at this week's meeting on Friday, September 28th . We will begin the Wife Lab series with Julie Landreth. Please remember to bring your binders as we will continue to add additional documentation to them as we dive deeper into the series. For those of you that don't have binders or forget to bring them, never fear as we will have extras you can borrow or take home with you. Julie came to our first meeting to introduce the series. But in case you missed it and are wondering what this series is all about, you can check out some of her  videos on her website  to learn more. Food Rotation Thank you to the women at Table 1 “Radiant” and Table 2 “Flame” who will be blessing us with food this week. For the women at these tables, your table leaders will be reaching out to you this week if they haven't already to coordinate the food. MOMcon 2018! Seven of our MOMSnext members went to MOMcon this ...