Hi ladies,
Welcome back! It was so great to see you all this past Friday for our first meeting of the year. I felt like it had been ages since I had talked with everyone at my table. It was so great to reconnect. We were so happy to have Zohary Ross, author of Aligned Parenting, attend our meeting last week. She definitely got me excited about this new series. My husband is not one for workbooks, but I did get the message loud and clear that he needs to be a part of these discussions. So I know I'll need to get crafty and just start weaving this into our conversations. I'll just have my book nearby so I can take good notes.
We will continue the discussion on Aligned Parenting next week at our meeting on February 2nd. (There's no meeting tomorrow.) Remember, we will be in Coffeehouse downstairs. Don't forget to bring with you your Favorite Things as we will be sharing that with the group next week as well. It can be anything you love or use. Makeup, cleaning products, apps, books, decor, whatever. I will make a selfish plea if anyone has amazing anti-aging products to share, please bring that! Don't worry I'll send another reminder next week. ;-)
S.T.O.P Event
I don't know if you've been watching the news or even morning news shows lately, but the topic of child trafficking has come up quite frequently. And when a member of our table, Michele Kim, brought this event to our table's attention, I felt it was necessary to share with the broader group. Michele is part of a group called S.T.O.P ( Stop Trafficking on Our Planet) at Saratoga Federated Church. We may think that things like this are happening in impoverished areas, but the truth of the matter is that it is happening everywhere. The S.T.O.P. organization was able to get the District Attorney, Jeff Rosen, to come speak specifically regarding the problem in our own area, how to recognize it, and what we can do. The event is this Sunday, January 28th from 2:00pm to 3:30pm, at Saratoga Federated Church (20390 Park Pl, Saratoga, CA 95070). They did a write up in the mercury news, and recently a bill was passed making it mandatory education in middle and high school. They also have a speaker from Nest, a group home providing rescue for these girls that just opened in our area. Michele will be there running a table and eating cookies, so please come join if you can.
Compassion Project
Samantha shared with us last week about the joint effort between MOPS and Compassion to help children in third world countries. It was heartbreaking to see the depths of poverty some children live in on a daily basis. I was also surprised to learn what small amount of money it really takes from donations to make such a huge impact to a child's life. If you are interested in participating, there are many ways you can help.
Give a one time donation. You can help our fundraising efforts and give a one time donation. Go to the VCC MOMSNext fundraising website for more information.
Sponsor a child. The most transformational way you can support a child is by providing ongoing support in the form of a tax-deductible contribution of just $38 a month. This support will provide your sponsored child with medical checkups, nutritious food, health and hygiene training, educational assistance and most important a way to hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God. When you sponsor a child, you'll receive your child's photo, personal story and a child sponsorship packet by mail in approximately 10 days. Go to Compassion's website to learn how you can sponsor a child.
And if you missed it in the last meeting or just want to watch it again, please check out the video of Mandy Arioto, MOPS President and CEO, and other MOPS moms as they traveled to Honduras to meet the precious babies and moms this cause is helping. You can watch the video on the MOPS website here.

MOMSnext Night Out
Join us at our next Mom's Night Out next Thursday, February 1st for a Bra Fitting at Romantiques in Los Gatos from 6pm to 8pm. Light appetizers and a cocktail will be served, while the sales ladies are there to get you what you need. It is a $15 buy in to attend, where the proceeds will go to MOMSnext and you'll receive 20% off your purchases for the evening. Payment was due at last week's meeting, but if you are able to still make it, please contact Lisa Allen.
One last thing...I had a bit of a moment this week where it was clear the Lord was trying to tell me something and I just had to share. It's actually related to the passage I picked this week. It started with a pretty emotional week where my courage, strength, and patience have been tested. On Monday, I had to put my 17 year old cat down. She was old and frail and when I had knee surgery last month she was by my side every minute. On Tuesday, I fell down some stairs and reinjured the knee I just had surgery on. I'll find out on Friday whether or not I did more damage. On Wednesday, I get a call from my daughter's school that she was caught vandalizing the girls' bathroom with the girl that has been bullying her all year. It was throwing wads of wet toilet paper on the ceiling but still ended up with a referral and trash duty. And today, another call from the school that she was caught stealing. My daughter has been in my prayers a lot lately as I know she is really struggling with self-esteem and I know these behaviors are a huge cry for help. I started to break down and cry while I was at a friend's house not knowing what to do and my friend picked up her Bible and read this verse to me. The funny thing was I had picked this verse out earlier in the week for the blog. I had it saved actually for next week, but for some reason it just felt right for this week and I didn't know why. I read it and thought that it made sense. But it wasn't until my friend read it to me again that I realized I wasn't following it. I was so distraught about everything that was happening to me that I forgot to give my worries to the Lord. He was trying to say something to me and I just wasn't listening. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day I forget to let Him guide me. When I finally let go, I am at peace like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Yes, I still need to deal with the issues at hand, but I'm at peace knowing I'm supposed to and for a bigger purpose. I may not know what will happen tomorrow, but at least I know I have Him by my side to guide me.
Welcome back! It was so great to see you all this past Friday for our first meeting of the year. I felt like it had been ages since I had talked with everyone at my table. It was so great to reconnect. We were so happy to have Zohary Ross, author of Aligned Parenting, attend our meeting last week. She definitely got me excited about this new series. My husband is not one for workbooks, but I did get the message loud and clear that he needs to be a part of these discussions. So I know I'll need to get crafty and just start weaving this into our conversations. I'll just have my book nearby so I can take good notes.
We will continue the discussion on Aligned Parenting next week at our meeting on February 2nd. (There's no meeting tomorrow.) Remember, we will be in Coffeehouse downstairs. Don't forget to bring with you your Favorite Things as we will be sharing that with the group next week as well. It can be anything you love or use. Makeup, cleaning products, apps, books, decor, whatever. I will make a selfish plea if anyone has amazing anti-aging products to share, please bring that! Don't worry I'll send another reminder next week. ;-)
S.T.O.P Event
I don't know if you've been watching the news or even morning news shows lately, but the topic of child trafficking has come up quite frequently. And when a member of our table, Michele Kim, brought this event to our table's attention, I felt it was necessary to share with the broader group. Michele is part of a group called S.T.O.P ( Stop Trafficking on Our Planet) at Saratoga Federated Church. We may think that things like this are happening in impoverished areas, but the truth of the matter is that it is happening everywhere. The S.T.O.P. organization was able to get the District Attorney, Jeff Rosen, to come speak specifically regarding the problem in our own area, how to recognize it, and what we can do. The event is this Sunday, January 28th from 2:00pm to 3:30pm, at Saratoga Federated Church (20390 Park Pl, Saratoga, CA 95070). They did a write up in the mercury news, and recently a bill was passed making it mandatory education in middle and high school. They also have a speaker from Nest, a group home providing rescue for these girls that just opened in our area. Michele will be there running a table and eating cookies, so please come join if you can.
Compassion Project
Samantha shared with us last week about the joint effort between MOPS and Compassion to help children in third world countries. It was heartbreaking to see the depths of poverty some children live in on a daily basis. I was also surprised to learn what small amount of money it really takes from donations to make such a huge impact to a child's life. If you are interested in participating, there are many ways you can help.
Give a one time donation. You can help our fundraising efforts and give a one time donation. Go to the VCC MOMSNext fundraising website for more information.
Sponsor a child. The most transformational way you can support a child is by providing ongoing support in the form of a tax-deductible contribution of just $38 a month. This support will provide your sponsored child with medical checkups, nutritious food, health and hygiene training, educational assistance and most important a way to hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God. When you sponsor a child, you'll receive your child's photo, personal story and a child sponsorship packet by mail in approximately 10 days. Go to Compassion's website to learn how you can sponsor a child.
And if you missed it in the last meeting or just want to watch it again, please check out the video of Mandy Arioto, MOPS President and CEO, and other MOPS moms as they traveled to Honduras to meet the precious babies and moms this cause is helping. You can watch the video on the MOPS website here.

MOMSnext Night Out
Join us at our next Mom's Night Out next Thursday, February 1st for a Bra Fitting at Romantiques in Los Gatos from 6pm to 8pm. Light appetizers and a cocktail will be served, while the sales ladies are there to get you what you need. It is a $15 buy in to attend, where the proceeds will go to MOMSnext and you'll receive 20% off your purchases for the evening. Payment was due at last week's meeting, but if you are able to still make it, please contact Lisa Allen.
Attention moms of 4th/5th Grade Girls! GirlzRoc is hosting their 2nd Annual Neon Girls Night Out Party on Friday, February 2nd from 6:30-8:30pm.
This event is free for 4th & 5th grade girls and includes dinner, games, worship and a biblical teaching. They should come wearing their Girlzroc t-shirt and best neon attire and are also welcome to invite friends!
Please contact Ashley Pansoy if you have any questions at ashley.venture.cc. RSVP no later than January 31st by clicking here.
This event is free for 4th & 5th grade girls and includes dinner, games, worship and a biblical teaching. They should come wearing their Girlzroc t-shirt and best neon attire and are also welcome to invite friends!
Please contact Ashley Pansoy if you have any questions at ashley.venture.cc. RSVP no later than January 31st by clicking here.
One last thing...I had a bit of a moment this week where it was clear the Lord was trying to tell me something and I just had to share. It's actually related to the passage I picked this week. It started with a pretty emotional week where my courage, strength, and patience have been tested. On Monday, I had to put my 17 year old cat down. She was old and frail and when I had knee surgery last month she was by my side every minute. On Tuesday, I fell down some stairs and reinjured the knee I just had surgery on. I'll find out on Friday whether or not I did more damage. On Wednesday, I get a call from my daughter's school that she was caught vandalizing the girls' bathroom with the girl that has been bullying her all year. It was throwing wads of wet toilet paper on the ceiling but still ended up with a referral and trash duty. And today, another call from the school that she was caught stealing. My daughter has been in my prayers a lot lately as I know she is really struggling with self-esteem and I know these behaviors are a huge cry for help. I started to break down and cry while I was at a friend's house not knowing what to do and my friend picked up her Bible and read this verse to me. The funny thing was I had picked this verse out earlier in the week for the blog. I had it saved actually for next week, but for some reason it just felt right for this week and I didn't know why. I read it and thought that it made sense. But it wasn't until my friend read it to me again that I realized I wasn't following it. I was so distraught about everything that was happening to me that I forgot to give my worries to the Lord. He was trying to say something to me and I just wasn't listening. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day I forget to let Him guide me. When I finally let go, I am at peace like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Yes, I still need to deal with the issues at hand, but I'm at peace knowing I'm supposed to and for a bigger purpose. I may not know what will happen tomorrow, but at least I know I have Him by my side to guide me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not
grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
~ Isaiah 40:31
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Comments
Post a Comment