Hello everyone,
It was wonderful to see so many of you at our meeting last Friday where we kicked off our first session of the Wife Lab series with our special guest speaker, Julie Landreth. Julie talked a lot about the power of prayer and how she even prayed over the small things. For example, the things she had lost. God would know where those things were, so why not ask. I thought that was a cute story, but even more so, I actually tried it. My daughter lost this crystal necklace I had given her the day before and she was really worried about it because she couldn't find it. She wanted to show her dad what I had brought her from my trip to MOMcon and couldn't find it anywhere. So when I picked her up from school on Friday, I had a plan. I told her about Julie's story and said I knew God would know where it was. So we prayed together. I had complete faith it would turn up and it did! She found it less than 24 hours later. So I started to pray about all the little things and you know what happened this weekend....on Sunday I opened my closet and out came pouring out a bunch of things I had been searching everywhere for. I had turned that same closet upside down, taking everything out of it before, and never found those things. It was so strange. I found things I wasn't even praying about. I have total faith. I promise to surrender not only my big asks to the Lord but also all the small ones. He has a plan for everything.
I will surrender daringly the lies, breathe freely that God has a plan, and live expectantly by praying over all my worries, even the small ones.
We will continue our Wife Lab series with the second session at our next meeting on Friday, October 12th. If you missed last week, don't worry as you can collect the notes from the first session at our next meeting. Just come and be in community with us. We can't wait to see you all again next week.
Check out some highlights from our last meeting....
MOMcon 2018!
Last meeting we also shared some of our favorite memories from MOMcon. Seven of our MOMSnext members went to MOMcon in Louisville, Kentucky, myself included. This was my first MOMcon and it was incredible. Words can not describe the emotions and journey I experienced during the long weekend. If you have been, you know what I mean. If you haven't, I encourage you to try to go as you will not regret it. I'm so rejuvenated as a mom, wife and friend and so ready to take on the world. Hope you were able to catch the video we shared at our last meeting. If not, ask me about it and I can share it again! :-)
Mom's Night Out
We just had our first official MNO date last Friday, September 28th. It was so great to see all those beautiful faces and get to know some more of you on a deeper level. We had lots of good conversation, warm fires out on the deck, and yummy food. Thank you to our wonderful host, Shannon Brink, for opening up her beautiful home to us. Here's some pics from our night out. We hope to see you at the next one!
Women's Breakfast
A good friend of mine told me about a Women's Breakfast that Central Church (on Meridian) is hosting on October 13th, 2018 from 9am to 11am. This is the first time they are hosting this and are inviting women from neighboring churches, hoping to get a diversified group of women of all ages. Below is a description of the breakfast.
Hearing God's Words for Our Impossible Things
God never promised to give us exactly what we want, but is it possible to trust Him to give us good things? When our deepest desires, our biggest dreams, or our dearest loved ones inevitably run up against the hopeless realities of our real life, how do we pray for miracles when we're afraid God won't say yes? Sometimes the end of our faith can be the beginning of grace- let's find God's voice together.
You can register online at https://centralsj.churchcenter.com/registrations/events. If you have questions or need more information, contact Ariel Garcia at garciaariel09@yahoo.com. Registration closes on October 7th.
Parenting Teens Workshop
Minagrace, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, will be teaching a Parenting Lab for anybody who is raising teens or young adults. We will be learning how to come alongside our teens in many areas such as anxiety, communication, conflict resolution, as well as knowing what is healthy teen behavior and when to know when its a more serious issue that needs addressing right away. We will also learn how we can lead and guide our teens in ways that helps them desire to take our leadership and guidance during these pivotal years. Please pass along to anybody you know that could use some extra support in raising and fostering independence in our teens and young adults.
For more information on Minagrace, you can find her at www.minagracelmft.com
Cost: Free
Where: Calvary Los Gatos D203-D204
Time: 10:45 am - 12:00 pm
Starts: Sunday, October 14th and will go for 4 weeks
Register at http://www.calvarylg.com/parentingteens/
Girls Leadership Workshop
For those of you that are moms of middle-school daughters, there's an opportunity to join a course to bond and learn with them. Girls Leadership offers a series of courses for girls and grown-ups to build emotional intelligence. In this workshop, girl & grown-up pairs will learn about identifying healthy relationships, finding their voices, and communicating more effectively. Girls also develop resilient responses to conflict, drama, challenges, and mistakes. The program is interactive, fun, and enlightening, and it’s also a great opportunity to gain insight and spend time with your daughter in a new and different way.
The workshop is 4-week series called "Be Who You Are. Say What You Mean." The sessions will be held on October 18, 25, November 1, 8, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm located at the LG Rec Center. Your middle school daughter (6th-8th grade) and one grown up attend the series. The cost is $295 per pair (covers 8 hours of training for 2 people, site fee, and materials)
If you are interested and want to learn more, visit girlsleadership.org/scholarships.
To register, go to https://girlsleadership.org/programs/losgatos678/. The password is losgatos678
October Mom's Night Out
Our date for Mom's Night Out in October has been set! Mark your calendars for Tuesday, October 23rd from 7pm to 9pm. This event's theme will be Christmas in October! Say what? I'm just getting the kids' Halloween costumes and you want me to think about Christmas? Never fear. We are giving you a head start on your Christmas shopping with this fun do-it-yourself homemade gift.
We will be making small bottles of Homemade Vanilla extract. Make 1 and save it for yourself or make 10 to pass out as Christmas gifts--it's totally up to you. This will be a fun festive night I hope you can join us.
The cost for make the bottles will be announced once we have an idea how many people will be attending. The more people, the cheaper the cost. Expect it be around $5-$8 per bottle. Along with your cash and elf-making attitude, you'll also need to bring your favorite vanilla-flavored treat to share with the group.
Lori McKinley is gracious enough to host this event at her house. Look for your Evite with more details coming soon.
Christian groups for girls and boys K-12+
Angela, our Registration Leader for MOMSnext, posted about Trail Life USA and American Heritage Girls, and I thought I'd repost for her. I'm always looking for Christian groups outside of Sunday school for my kids to attend, and thought this would be a great opportunity to repost about these groups. These organizations are Christian-based and are meant for school-aged kids grades K-12+. The local chapter for Trail Life USA for boys and American Heritage Girls for girls both meet at The Home Church (1711 Winchester Blvd., Campbell) on Wednesdays from 7:00pm - 8:30pm. My daughter has soccer on Wednesday nights, but I'm going to be looking into sending both my kids when the season is over. If you have any questions about these organizations, please email Angela Baumeister at angela.d.baumeister@gmail.com for more information.
Register for MOMSnext
If you haven't done so already, please make sure to register as soon as possible. It is not too late!
To register, click on the link from your email and select the membership type "Mom". Our local chapter fee will remain the same for next year at $30/year (in addition to the $31.95 MOPS International fee that you will pay online when you register) to cover all the materials needed for our meetings. If you lost the email, don't worry. Simply go to www.mops.org/join and type in the code "D16B". It will then take you through the registration process. You can pay the local chapter fees at our first meeting in the fall of 2018. Childcare is also available for a fee, but space is limited. Please follow this link to register for childcare. If you have any questions about childcare or registration, please email us at register4momsnext@vccmops.org.
Find us on Facebook
We are on Facebook, you ask? YES! It's another form of communication for our members to message each other and get information out quickly. It is a closed group only for our MOMSnext members at Venture, so it is a safe environment. If you are not on our VCC MOMSnext group, find us on Facebook at Venture Christian MOMSnext and send us a request so we can add you! Let's continue to support each other throughout the year in any way we can.
It was wonderful to see so many of you at our meeting last Friday where we kicked off our first session of the Wife Lab series with our special guest speaker, Julie Landreth. Julie talked a lot about the power of prayer and how she even prayed over the small things. For example, the things she had lost. God would know where those things were, so why not ask. I thought that was a cute story, but even more so, I actually tried it. My daughter lost this crystal necklace I had given her the day before and she was really worried about it because she couldn't find it. She wanted to show her dad what I had brought her from my trip to MOMcon and couldn't find it anywhere. So when I picked her up from school on Friday, I had a plan. I told her about Julie's story and said I knew God would know where it was. So we prayed together. I had complete faith it would turn up and it did! She found it less than 24 hours later. So I started to pray about all the little things and you know what happened this weekend....on Sunday I opened my closet and out came pouring out a bunch of things I had been searching everywhere for. I had turned that same closet upside down, taking everything out of it before, and never found those things. It was so strange. I found things I wasn't even praying about. I have total faith. I promise to surrender not only my big asks to the Lord but also all the small ones. He has a plan for everything.
I will surrender daringly the lies, breathe freely that God has a plan, and live expectantly by praying over all my worries, even the small ones.
We will continue our Wife Lab series with the second session at our next meeting on Friday, October 12th. If you missed last week, don't worry as you can collect the notes from the first session at our next meeting. Just come and be in community with us. We can't wait to see you all again next week.
Check out some highlights from our last meeting....
Last meeting we also shared some of our favorite memories from MOMcon. Seven of our MOMSnext members went to MOMcon in Louisville, Kentucky, myself included. This was my first MOMcon and it was incredible. Words can not describe the emotions and journey I experienced during the long weekend. If you have been, you know what I mean. If you haven't, I encourage you to try to go as you will not regret it. I'm so rejuvenated as a mom, wife and friend and so ready to take on the world. Hope you were able to catch the video we shared at our last meeting. If not, ask me about it and I can share it again! :-)
Mom's Night Out
We just had our first official MNO date last Friday, September 28th. It was so great to see all those beautiful faces and get to know some more of you on a deeper level. We had lots of good conversation, warm fires out on the deck, and yummy food. Thank you to our wonderful host, Shannon Brink, for opening up her beautiful home to us. Here's some pics from our night out. We hope to see you at the next one!
A good friend of mine told me about a Women's Breakfast that Central Church (on Meridian) is hosting on October 13th, 2018 from 9am to 11am. This is the first time they are hosting this and are inviting women from neighboring churches, hoping to get a diversified group of women of all ages. Below is a description of the breakfast.
Hearing God's Words for Our Impossible Things
God never promised to give us exactly what we want, but is it possible to trust Him to give us good things? When our deepest desires, our biggest dreams, or our dearest loved ones inevitably run up against the hopeless realities of our real life, how do we pray for miracles when we're afraid God won't say yes? Sometimes the end of our faith can be the beginning of grace- let's find God's voice together.
You can register online at https://centralsj.churchcenter.com/registrations/events. If you have questions or need more information, contact Ariel Garcia at garciaariel09@yahoo.com. Registration closes on October 7th.
Parenting Teens Workshop
Minagrace, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, will be teaching a Parenting Lab for anybody who is raising teens or young adults. We will be learning how to come alongside our teens in many areas such as anxiety, communication, conflict resolution, as well as knowing what is healthy teen behavior and when to know when its a more serious issue that needs addressing right away. We will also learn how we can lead and guide our teens in ways that helps them desire to take our leadership and guidance during these pivotal years. Please pass along to anybody you know that could use some extra support in raising and fostering independence in our teens and young adults.
For more information on Minagrace, you can find her at www.minagracelmft.com
Cost: Free
Where: Calvary Los Gatos D203-D204
Time: 10:45 am - 12:00 pm
Starts: Sunday, October 14th and will go for 4 weeks
Register at http://www.calvarylg.com/parentingteens/
Girls Leadership Workshop
For those of you that are moms of middle-school daughters, there's an opportunity to join a course to bond and learn with them. Girls Leadership offers a series of courses for girls and grown-ups to build emotional intelligence. In this workshop, girl & grown-up pairs will learn about identifying healthy relationships, finding their voices, and communicating more effectively. Girls also develop resilient responses to conflict, drama, challenges, and mistakes. The program is interactive, fun, and enlightening, and it’s also a great opportunity to gain insight and spend time with your daughter in a new and different way.
The workshop is 4-week series called "Be Who You Are. Say What You Mean." The sessions will be held on October 18, 25, November 1, 8, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm located at the LG Rec Center. Your middle school daughter (6th-8th grade) and one grown up attend the series. The cost is $295 per pair (covers 8 hours of training for 2 people, site fee, and materials)
If you are interested and want to learn more, visit girlsleadership.org/scholarships.
To register, go to https://girlsleadership.org/programs/losgatos678/. The password is losgatos678
October Mom's Night Out
Our date for Mom's Night Out in October has been set! Mark your calendars for Tuesday, October 23rd from 7pm to 9pm. This event's theme will be Christmas in October! Say what? I'm just getting the kids' Halloween costumes and you want me to think about Christmas? Never fear. We are giving you a head start on your Christmas shopping with this fun do-it-yourself homemade gift.We will be making small bottles of Homemade Vanilla extract. Make 1 and save it for yourself or make 10 to pass out as Christmas gifts--it's totally up to you. This will be a fun festive night I hope you can join us.
The cost for make the bottles will be announced once we have an idea how many people will be attending. The more people, the cheaper the cost. Expect it be around $5-$8 per bottle. Along with your cash and elf-making attitude, you'll also need to bring your favorite vanilla-flavored treat to share with the group.
Lori McKinley is gracious enough to host this event at her house. Look for your Evite with more details coming soon.
Christian groups for girls and boys K-12+
Angela, our Registration Leader for MOMSnext, posted about Trail Life USA and American Heritage Girls, and I thought I'd repost for her. I'm always looking for Christian groups outside of Sunday school for my kids to attend, and thought this would be a great opportunity to repost about these groups. These organizations are Christian-based and are meant for school-aged kids grades K-12+. The local chapter for Trail Life USA for boys and American Heritage Girls for girls both meet at The Home Church (1711 Winchester Blvd., Campbell) on Wednesdays from 7:00pm - 8:30pm. My daughter has soccer on Wednesday nights, but I'm going to be looking into sending both my kids when the season is over. If you have any questions about these organizations, please email Angela Baumeister at angela.d.baumeister@gmail.com for more information.
Register for MOMSnext
If you haven't done so already, please make sure to register as soon as possible. It is not too late!
To register, click on the link from your email and select the membership type "Mom". Our local chapter fee will remain the same for next year at $30/year (in addition to the $31.95 MOPS International fee that you will pay online when you register) to cover all the materials needed for our meetings. If you lost the email, don't worry. Simply go to www.mops.org/join and type in the code "D16B". It will then take you through the registration process. You can pay the local chapter fees at our first meeting in the fall of 2018. Childcare is also available for a fee, but space is limited. Please follow this link to register for childcare. If you have any questions about childcare or registration, please email us at register4momsnext@vccmops.org.
Find us on Facebook
We are on Facebook, you ask? YES! It's another form of communication for our members to message each other and get information out quickly. It is a closed group only for our MOMSnext members at Venture, so it is a safe environment. If you are not on our VCC MOMSnext group, find us on Facebook at Venture Christian MOMSnext and send us a request so we can add you! Let's continue to support each other throughout the year in any way we can.
This Week's Devotional*
“I'll give him and his descendants the land he walked on
because he was all for following God, heart and soul.”
DEUTERONOMY 1:36
because he was all for following God, heart and soul.”
DEUTERONOMY 1:36
Surrender everything to the Lord. Easier said than done, right? That seems to be the message loud and clear to me this week. I find it's easy to surrender the big stuff to God--when we are at our weakest, when we are desperate, or when we are in need. Even in those times, I forget. I forget that He is there to take it all from me. Of course when I finally pray and surrender all to Him I feel this weight lifted off my shoulders.
But it’s not just the heavy stuff. God wants it all. He wants to shoulder the burdens of even the little things, like the things we can’t find. Such was my experience this week with all the little things I couldn't find. Or what restaurant to go and eat at. I heard this incredible story at MOMcon about that very thing. The speaker was with a friend and they were deciding about what to eat. They prayed to God and the first thing that came to mind was this Thai restaurant. So they went as as they were leaving a man approached his friend to tell him “I was supposed to pray for you.” The friend was taken back. “What do you mean?” The man replies, “I saw you at Starbucks the other day, and I felt at that moment, the Lord was telling me I needed to pray for you. I didn’t listen and here you are again.” This perfect stranger. And so the stranger and the friend prayed together. Wow. Can you imagine that even where you should go to eat may have a purpose? God has a plan for everything. Give it all to Him!
But it’s not just the heavy stuff. God wants it all. He wants to shoulder the burdens of even the little things, like the things we can’t find. Such was my experience this week with all the little things I couldn't find. Or what restaurant to go and eat at. I heard this incredible story at MOMcon about that very thing. The speaker was with a friend and they were deciding about what to eat. They prayed to God and the first thing that came to mind was this Thai restaurant. So they went as as they were leaving a man approached his friend to tell him “I was supposed to pray for you.” The friend was taken back. “What do you mean?” The man replies, “I saw you at Starbucks the other day, and I felt at that moment, the Lord was telling me I needed to pray for you. I didn’t listen and here you are again.” This perfect stranger. And so the stranger and the friend prayed together. Wow. Can you imagine that even where you should go to eat may have a purpose? God has a plan for everything. Give it all to Him!
Dear LORD, I give you my all today and everyday. My heart, my soul, my thoughts. Help me to surrender my life and my family to you. I trust in your plan and I trust in You. Amen.
*This year's devotional and prayer are inspired by the book Encouraging Words for Mothers: Daily Devotions to Lift Mom's Soul by Michelle Medlock Adams.
*This year's devotional and prayer are inspired by the book Encouraging Words for Mothers: Daily Devotions to Lift Mom's Soul by Michelle Medlock Adams.





Comments
Post a Comment