Skip to main content

Meeting this Friday, January 24th

Hi Ladies,


It's hard to believe it has already been almost 2 weeks since we kicked off our first meeting of the new year and our new series "Brave". This week you should be caught up through Week 2 for discussion.

But don't worry if you haven't caught up on the reading. From now on, we will have 2 weeks to complete one week of homework.

Even if you haven't done the reading, please still come. The discussion time with our tables will still be valuable and it's a morning to just relax and be amongst friends.

See you this Friday, January 24th for Session 2: I Am Suffering A Thorn.



FOOD ROTATION
Thank you to the lovely ladies at Table 5 and Table 6 who will be blessing us with food this week. And thank you always to our mentor moms who bless us with hot dishes every meeting! We are so grateful.


MOMS NIGHT OUT
Join us on Thursday, January 30th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm for a very casual night of BOWLING! Everyone is responsible for their own cost to bowl and whatever snacks/ drinks you might want. Please join us for fun even if you don't want to bowl....we mamas need a night out after all the holiday hoopla!

Where: Bowlero (5420 Thornwood Drive)
When: Thursday, Jan. 30th from 7pm to 9pm

An evite was sent out for this event. Please RSVP or contact Shannon Brink at sbrink1027@gmail.com.



REMINDERS & OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
IF:GATHERING
Tens of thousands of women worldwide will participate in the IF:Gathering on February 7-8 2020, via a livestream from a sold-out event in Dallas, Texas. With a variety of cultures and denominations represented, these women hold one thing in common: they want to live like God is real. The IF:Gathering provides space for women to wrestle with essential questions of faith, to dream, and to connect during a two-day gathering.

When: Friday, Feb. 7, 2020: 6:00pm - 10:00pm & Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Where: Central Christian Church, 2555 Meridian Avenue
Cost: $20 covers the costs of registration for both days (and half of the cost will be donated to a non-profit). Light drinks and snacks will also be provided. 

Register at https://local.ifgathering.com/sanjoseca/ Join even if you can only make it to one day!




NEED SOME EXTRA INCOME?
The Children's Ministry at Saratoga Federated Church is looking for someone to help lead, enhance, and nurture the Nursery Ministry at the church. The hours are 25-30 per month at $16-$18 per hour, with primary responsibilities on Sunday mornings for church services and Mondays for MOPS child-care. You do not need to be a member of the church to apply. If you are interested, or know someone that is check out the job description "Nursery Coordinator" posted on our Facebook group under Files. You can also reach out to Amy Sells at the church for questions or more information. 


CHILDCARE PAGERS
Starting this week there will be a new system for checking out pagers. They will be exchanging car keys for pagers when the children are dropped off. At pickup when the pager is returned, so are your car keys.  The keys will be placed in a numbered compartment that matches the pager number.
We feel that this will stem the flow of lost pagers.

While the Children's Ministry at Venture no longer uses pagers during services, they are still needed for our meetings, MOPS meetings, and any other events where childcare is provided. Whether you used a pager recently, or forgot to return one years ago, please return it as soon as possible to Penny in the Children's Center. They are currently down to less than half of the pagers they typically have, which is not enough to cover all the families needed them for childcare. Please check your homes, cars, or offices, for any missing pagers. Don't worry if the battery is dead, they can fix that. Thank you in advance!


MOMSNEXT REGISTRATION
It's the start of a new year and the beginning of a new series. If you weren't able to make it to our Fall session, we hope you can join us in January. Nows the time to invite more friends to join you as we start a new series titled "Brave". If you haven't registered yet but are planning to join MOMSnext this year, please first register at MOPS International. Go to www.mops.org/join and type in the code: D16B. You will go through the registration process for MOPS International. The fee is $31.95, which you will pay online at the end of your registration.

In addition to the MOPS international fee, there is a separate MOMSnext chapter fee to cover our costs for speakers, materials, books and much more. It is only $15 now for the remainder of the year. The chapter fee will be collected at our first couple of meetings. And we do offer scholarships if needed.

Lastly, if you do need childcare during our meetings, please sign up here. There will be an additional cost for childcare depending on the number of children you plan to enroll. Please contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com for more information on how to register your child for childcare.

For additional information or any membership and registration questions, please contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com.


WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; 
knock, and it will be opened to you.  
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; 
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
~Matthew 7:7-8

I feel so blessed to have a direct connection to God. One that enables me to talk to Him directly. I used to think I could only talk to Him through prayer. But in the last few years, I've found I can speak to Him whenever I want to. I speak and He hears me. It's the ultimate cell phone I don't even have to dial. And what's even more amazing is that when I ask Him for help, I get it.

Sometimes I get so caught up in my own world, in my own everyday stress and anxiety, that I forget He is there to get me through. It is through Him I have strength. I know I can't get through the day by myself. I am weak. I am not patient. I am not strong. But I feel amazing power when I rely on God to get me through. Somehow when I ask for patient, I'm surprised by how patient I can be. When I'm fearful and I look to God, it is amazing how strong and unstoppable I feel. When I'm lonely, I call on Him and I am overwhelmed with love. 

When I was a child, I thought God didn't speak to me. I couldn't actually hear His voice, so maybe he wasn't listening. But as I've grown and witnessed miracles in my own life, I've seen how He's used other people to answer my prayers. He uses the Bible to talk to me and give me guidance. And it's amazing that when I ask for something specifically, the Bible verse that I read next or the phone call or text I may receive from a friend gives me the answers I need. 

A friend of mine encouraged me to write down my prayers in a journal throughout the year. And as my prayers were answered, I should go back and check them off. It was astounding at the end of the year how many prayers were answered. Most of them were not in the way I expected and in fact always went above and beyond my expectations. God is good and if we seek Him, we will find.

Lord, thank you for sending your son to cleanse my sins, so I may be filled with the Holy Spirit and have a direct connection to you. Help me to remember you are in my corner and ready to be there for me when I need it, I just need to ask. Help me be specific in my prayers, so I can be sure when you answer them.  AMEN.





If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe by sending a request to register4momsnext@vccmops.org and we will take you off the mailing list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't forget to RSVP for the MOMSnext End of the Year Celebration!

Hello MomsNext Mamas,  We are so excited to be able to celebrate the end of our MOMSnext year together In Person & Via Zoom on Saturday April 24th, 2021 @10am-12pm. We will be meeting at Courtney's park-like backyard near church, so there is lots of outdoor space to distance. So please bring your own chair or blanket to sit as we social distance in community together.  5549 Sharon Lane San Jose, CA 95124  *Enter through the right side gate to the backyard… Here is the E-vite link as well in case it goes to your spam. http://evite.me/FTCXPwFAw4 *MOMSnext will be providing a light brunch of catered food that is wrapped and sealed so it is safe to grab and take to your seat to enjoy.  We have missed being all together so much and look forward to sharing with each other what this year has ment to us. We will have time to share our highlights, pray together, and Give thanks to our Mentor Moms and Leadership team for all they have done to make this year great amongst t...

MOMSnext Starts Friday, September 17th, 2021

 

MOMSnext Meeting this Friday, Sept 28th!

Hello wonderful MOMSnext mammas! I'm looking forward to seeing you all at this week's meeting on Friday, September 28th . We will begin the Wife Lab series with Julie Landreth. Please remember to bring your binders as we will continue to add additional documentation to them as we dive deeper into the series. For those of you that don't have binders or forget to bring them, never fear as we will have extras you can borrow or take home with you. Julie came to our first meeting to introduce the series. But in case you missed it and are wondering what this series is all about, you can check out some of her  videos on her website  to learn more. Food Rotation Thank you to the women at Table 1 “Radiant” and Table 2 “Flame” who will be blessing us with food this week. For the women at these tables, your table leaders will be reaching out to you this week if they haven't already to coordinate the food. MOMcon 2018! Seven of our MOMSnext members went to MOMcon this ...