Hi Ladies,
I hope you had a wonderful break since our last meeting. For some of you, your kiddos may have been off from school like mine. I cherished this time as it was such a stark difference from last year. It is truly a blessing how far we have come as a family. It's looking back at this exact time and seeing the huge difference in just a year, where I can truly see and appreciate God's work.
I hope to see you all this week and we continue our series on Brave. This weeks meeting on Friday, February 28th we will study Session 4: I Am Trembling Inside.
FOOD ROTATION
Thank you to the lovely ladies at Table 1 and Table 2 who will be blessing us with food this week. And thank you always to our mentor moms who bless us with hot dishes every meeting! We are so grateful.
SILENT AUCTION
Our silent auction is coming up on at our meeting on March 13th. This auction is our main fundraiser for the year and helps us keep the costs of MOMSnext down so more women can join. Check with your table leader if you are interested in donating. All items are due this Friday. If you can't make it, please arrange with your table leader for pick up/drop off another time.
MABEL'S LABELS FUNDRAISER
We announced a new MOMSnext fundraiser at our last meeting. There's no pressure to participate, but if you are interested in purchasing Mabel's Labels you will be contributing to our group at the same time. Mabel’s Labels are personalized peel and stick labels that safely go in the laundry, dishwasher and microwave. They’re perfect for all your kids’ stuff – from shoes and clothes to water bottles, lunch boxes, backpacks, school supplies, summer camp gear, and more!
For any moms interested, go to campaigns.mabelslabels.com and click on "support a fundraiser" on the top right corner of the page. Type in "Venture Christian Church MomsNext (Los Gatos)", and SHOP away! Mabel's Labels will give us 20% back of what we make!
You can also follow their Facebook group called "Mabel's Labels" to learn about the latest promotions and sales! This fundraiser is in effect until May 8 , 2020! Contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com if you have any questions.


REMINDERS & OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
REALOPTIONS 5K RUN/WALK FOR LIFE
SATURDAY, 2020-03-07 8:30 AM
Walk or Run and celebrate the gift of life! Participate in the Annual Walk for Life & 5K Run on Saturday, March 7 at Martial Cottle Park. This event benefits the work of RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics which serves thousands of women, men, students, and children in our community every year. Join Team Venture as a volunteer or as a walker or runner.
To register through Venture, go to https://venture.cc/events/event-detail/rockevents/139/211/
CHILDCARE PAGERS
Starting this week there will be a new system for checking out pagers. They will be exchanging car keys for pagers when the children are dropped off. At pickup when the pager is returned, so are your car keys. The keys will be placed in a numbered compartment that matches the pager number.
We feel that this will stem the flow of lost pagers.
While the Children's Ministry at Venture no longer uses pagers during services, they are still needed for our meetings, MOPS meetings, and any other events where childcare is provided. Whether you used a pager recently, or forgot to return one years ago, please return it as soon as possible to Penny in the Children's Center. They are currently down to less than half of the pagers they typically have, which is not enough to cover all the families needed them for childcare. Please check your homes, cars, or offices, for any missing pagers. Don't worry if the battery is dead, they can fix that. Thank you in advance!
MOMSNEXT REGISTRATION
It's the start of a new year and the beginning of a new series. If you weren't able to make it to our Fall session, we hope you can join us in January. Nows the time to invite more friends to join you as we start a new series titled "Brave". If you haven't registered yet but are planning to join MOMSnext this year, please first register at MOPS International. Go to www.mops.org/join and type in the code: D16B. You will go through the registration process for MOPS International. The fee is $31.95, which you will pay online at the end of your registration.
In addition to the MOPS international fee, there is a separate MOMSnext chapter fee to cover our costs for speakers, materials, books and much more. It is only $15 now for the remainder of the year. The chapter fee will be collected at our first couple of meetings. And we do offer scholarships if needed.
Lastly, if you do need childcare during our meetings, please sign up here. There will be an additional cost for childcare depending on the number of children you plan to enroll. Please contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com for more information on how to register your child for childcare.
For additional information or any membership and registration questions, please contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com.
Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
~Proverbs 29:11
I hope to see you all this week and we continue our series on Brave. This weeks meeting on Friday, February 28th we will study Session 4: I Am Trembling Inside.
FOOD ROTATION
Thank you to the lovely ladies at Table 1 and Table 2 who will be blessing us with food this week. And thank you always to our mentor moms who bless us with hot dishes every meeting! We are so grateful.
SILENT AUCTION
Our silent auction is coming up on at our meeting on March 13th. This auction is our main fundraiser for the year and helps us keep the costs of MOMSnext down so more women can join. Check with your table leader if you are interested in donating. All items are due this Friday. If you can't make it, please arrange with your table leader for pick up/drop off another time.
MABEL'S LABELS FUNDRAISER
We announced a new MOMSnext fundraiser at our last meeting. There's no pressure to participate, but if you are interested in purchasing Mabel's Labels you will be contributing to our group at the same time. Mabel’s Labels are personalized peel and stick labels that safely go in the laundry, dishwasher and microwave. They’re perfect for all your kids’ stuff – from shoes and clothes to water bottles, lunch boxes, backpacks, school supplies, summer camp gear, and more!
For any moms interested, go to campaigns.mabelslabels.com and click on "support a fundraiser" on the top right corner of the page. Type in "Venture Christian Church MomsNext (Los Gatos)", and SHOP away! Mabel's Labels will give us 20% back of what we make!
You can also follow their Facebook group called "Mabel's Labels" to learn about the latest promotions and sales! This fundraiser is in effect until May 8 , 2020! Contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com if you have any questions.


REALOPTIONS 5K RUN/WALK FOR LIFE
SATURDAY, 2020-03-07 8:30 AM
Walk or Run and celebrate the gift of life! Participate in the Annual Walk for Life & 5K Run on Saturday, March 7 at Martial Cottle Park. This event benefits the work of RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics which serves thousands of women, men, students, and children in our community every year. Join Team Venture as a volunteer or as a walker or runner.
To register through Venture, go to https://venture.cc/events/event-detail/rockevents/139/211/
CHILDCARE PAGERS
Starting this week there will be a new system for checking out pagers. They will be exchanging car keys for pagers when the children are dropped off. At pickup when the pager is returned, so are your car keys. The keys will be placed in a numbered compartment that matches the pager number.
We feel that this will stem the flow of lost pagers.
While the Children's Ministry at Venture no longer uses pagers during services, they are still needed for our meetings, MOPS meetings, and any other events where childcare is provided. Whether you used a pager recently, or forgot to return one years ago, please return it as soon as possible to Penny in the Children's Center. They are currently down to less than half of the pagers they typically have, which is not enough to cover all the families needed them for childcare. Please check your homes, cars, or offices, for any missing pagers. Don't worry if the battery is dead, they can fix that. Thank you in advance!
MOMSNEXT REGISTRATION
It's the start of a new year and the beginning of a new series. If you weren't able to make it to our Fall session, we hope you can join us in January. Nows the time to invite more friends to join you as we start a new series titled "Brave". If you haven't registered yet but are planning to join MOMSnext this year, please first register at MOPS International. Go to www.mops.org/join and type in the code: D16B. You will go through the registration process for MOPS International. The fee is $31.95, which you will pay online at the end of your registration.
In addition to the MOPS international fee, there is a separate MOMSnext chapter fee to cover our costs for speakers, materials, books and much more. It is only $15 now for the remainder of the year. The chapter fee will be collected at our first couple of meetings. And we do offer scholarships if needed.
Lastly, if you do need childcare during our meetings, please sign up here. There will be an additional cost for childcare depending on the number of children you plan to enroll. Please contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com for more information on how to register your child for childcare.
For additional information or any membership and registration questions, please contact Lisa Sung at lisa.sung@gmail.com.
WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL
Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.
~Proverbs 29:11
We are all tested, everyday of every week. How do we respond to others? How do we treat others who are unkind to us or wronged us? And what about when those people who hurt you are close to you? A friend, a neighbor, a family member? I've had to ponder this a lot this week. I sometimes act as a fool and am quick to anger when I feel I've been wronged. But I realize I don't have control over what other people say or think of me. I only have control over how I respond.
Growing up eager for any attention, I was a people pleaser. I thought the more perfect I could behave and the more I could make everyone happy, the better off everyone would be...everyone except me. It's exhausting to try to please everyone and I lost site of the fact there is only one who I need to please. There is only one who I should be concerned what He thinks of me. There is only one I should fear if I've disobeyed. I have grown a lot over the last few years as a person and I believe it has everything to do with the closer relationship I have built with God. The Holy Spirit that lives inside of me speaks louder than before. As I respond in anger, I can hear quite loudly "Stop!". Stop because I was about to do or say something hurtful.
As a mom, I expect that my children are still learning how to be kind, how to hold their tongue in anger. What is more difficult to understand is adults, claiming to be your friend, can so freely say hurtful things. As I'm sure you can tell, I was hurt by some words of someone this week. At one time I thought we were friends, but I quickly understood that the people I want close to me are the ones who accept me for who I am and help me be a better person.
Have you ever noticed when you hang around people that don't follow Christ, or influence you towards sin, how easy it is to fall into that trap? I have many times before. And not to say that we as Christians do not have fault with that as well. But I think the difference is when we look up from our daily lives and think about what truly matters, we can be released from all the hurt from others, the anger and revengefulness we feel, and be at peace knowing that the Lord is behind us. He is the true judge, not me. For those who have wronged me, I don't have to try to convince them what they did was wrong. I don't need to meet their anger with anger and become the fool. It's true when you are quiet while people are yelling at you and just listen with an open heart while they vent, they are quickly deflated like a balloon. When we don't meet anger with anger, but hold back quietly and respond with grace and gentleness, we can feel stronger in ourselves for not succumbing to anger and free of any guilt from saying something harsh back or what we don't mean.
This is a hard lesson to learn and I feel like I'm still being reminded about it constantly. It was easy to see God's work in my heart. When I was angry, it escalated. When I can be humble and gracious, I'm not losing myself, I'm gaining wisdom. I was so stung by the hurtful words, it went through me like a sword. I thought I would be up all night crying or worrying about it. But I prayed and gave it all up to God and I slept like a baby. My anger was gone by morning and I could be a bigger person not giving into my anger. It's calming and peaceful and I'm so thankful I have someone bigger than anything to turn to who has the power to take my hurt, my anger, and my tears away. I just have to ask.
Growing up eager for any attention, I was a people pleaser. I thought the more perfect I could behave and the more I could make everyone happy, the better off everyone would be...everyone except me. It's exhausting to try to please everyone and I lost site of the fact there is only one who I need to please. There is only one who I should be concerned what He thinks of me. There is only one I should fear if I've disobeyed. I have grown a lot over the last few years as a person and I believe it has everything to do with the closer relationship I have built with God. The Holy Spirit that lives inside of me speaks louder than before. As I respond in anger, I can hear quite loudly "Stop!". Stop because I was about to do or say something hurtful.
As a mom, I expect that my children are still learning how to be kind, how to hold their tongue in anger. What is more difficult to understand is adults, claiming to be your friend, can so freely say hurtful things. As I'm sure you can tell, I was hurt by some words of someone this week. At one time I thought we were friends, but I quickly understood that the people I want close to me are the ones who accept me for who I am and help me be a better person.
Have you ever noticed when you hang around people that don't follow Christ, or influence you towards sin, how easy it is to fall into that trap? I have many times before. And not to say that we as Christians do not have fault with that as well. But I think the difference is when we look up from our daily lives and think about what truly matters, we can be released from all the hurt from others, the anger and revengefulness we feel, and be at peace knowing that the Lord is behind us. He is the true judge, not me. For those who have wronged me, I don't have to try to convince them what they did was wrong. I don't need to meet their anger with anger and become the fool. It's true when you are quiet while people are yelling at you and just listen with an open heart while they vent, they are quickly deflated like a balloon. When we don't meet anger with anger, but hold back quietly and respond with grace and gentleness, we can feel stronger in ourselves for not succumbing to anger and free of any guilt from saying something harsh back or what we don't mean.
This is a hard lesson to learn and I feel like I'm still being reminded about it constantly. It was easy to see God's work in my heart. When I was angry, it escalated. When I can be humble and gracious, I'm not losing myself, I'm gaining wisdom. I was so stung by the hurtful words, it went through me like a sword. I thought I would be up all night crying or worrying about it. But I prayed and gave it all up to God and I slept like a baby. My anger was gone by morning and I could be a bigger person not giving into my anger. It's calming and peaceful and I'm so thankful I have someone bigger than anything to turn to who has the power to take my hurt, my anger, and my tears away. I just have to ask.
LORD, thank you for giving me peace and taking the weight off my shoulders. Thank you for being there for me to always lean on you. Help me to remember to hold my tongue in anger. To listen and be quiet more than I talk. To be wise and not a fool. Lord, help me to remember to always come to you when I'm stuck and to praise you as you always deliver. AMEN.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe by sending a request to register4momsnext@vccmops.org and we will take you off the mailing list.



Comments
Post a Comment