Skip to main content

Hope you are well and safe!

Hi Ladies,

I hope you and your families are doing well during this uncertain time. I miss seeing everyone!

With the Shelter in Place order still in effect, our remaining meetings for the year have been canceled until further notice. We hope to still be able to connect in some way and hope you've heard from your tables and have been to connect that way.

We are encouraging everyone to reach out and connect with each other during this time. Let's be there for each other, pray with and for each other, and find the blessings out of the chaos.

Also remember to give yourself some grace. If you are like me and struggling with this "new" schedule, balancing work and homeschooling, I found this article comforting. Like many of the moms I know, I was scrambling to find a new schedule for my kids and figure out how to homeschool them, while still working remotely. It's been overwhelming to say the least and I feel like I'm failing at teaching my children anything. But after reading this perspective from a homeschooling parent, I felt a little more at ease. It made me realize my entire family is experiencing the stress from all of this, not just me trying to manage the schedule, and it's ok if they don't do or finish the worksheets sent by their teachers. Whatever I can get them to do, reading a book, putting together a puzzle, exploring outside are all still learning opportunities for them. I think the biggest lesson my kids are learning is how my husband and I as parents are managing our family through this global crisis. It's taking one day at a time, giving ourselves some grace and forgiveness if we don't get it perfect, and still finding the blessings out of everyday.

https://www.heatheranneworld.com/post/homeschooling-is-not-the-same-as-crisis-schooling-advice-during-coronavirus-covid-19-shut-downs




WEEKLY DEVOTIONAL

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. 
In this world you will have trouble. 
But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
~John 16:33

It is in this time of uncertainty that fear and anxiety creep in. We have all had our individual struggles, and now we are all in one together. I have experienced my own fear and anxiety during this time. And I realized that when that was happening, I didn't have the right focus. Not being able to connect with my community, go to church, see my friends, being secluded made me lose my focus on God. I wasn't keeping up with time in prayer or God's word and it was definitely affecting me. It is when I look up and cast my cares to Him, I am finally at peace.

God knew we would all face trouble in our lives. It was not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". He knew there would be times when our future would seem uncertain, but know your future is secure in Jesus. God has overcome the world and He can overcome anything. He wants us to seek Him. This is the perfect time to keep Him first in our focus. To know that He has us and will take care of us if we go to Him. He can give us the strength we need to carry on and peace to fill our hearts, knowing that no matter the outcome on earth, our future with Him is certain.


LORD, thank you for reminding me you are bigger than any problem on earth. Help me to put my focus on you first and to cast all my fear and anxiety upon you. To look up, and not down. Thank you for loving me and giving me peace of mind, comfort, and joy.  AMEN.





If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe by sending a request to register4momsnext@vccmops.org and we will take you off the mailing list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't forget to RSVP for the MOMSnext End of the Year Celebration!

Hello MomsNext Mamas,  We are so excited to be able to celebrate the end of our MOMSnext year together In Person & Via Zoom on Saturday April 24th, 2021 @10am-12pm. We will be meeting at Courtney's park-like backyard near church, so there is lots of outdoor space to distance. So please bring your own chair or blanket to sit as we social distance in community together.  5549 Sharon Lane San Jose, CA 95124  *Enter through the right side gate to the backyard… Here is the E-vite link as well in case it goes to your spam. http://evite.me/FTCXPwFAw4 *MOMSnext will be providing a light brunch of catered food that is wrapped and sealed so it is safe to grab and take to your seat to enjoy.  We have missed being all together so much and look forward to sharing with each other what this year has ment to us. We will have time to share our highlights, pray together, and Give thanks to our Mentor Moms and Leadership team for all they have done to make this year great amongst t...

MOMSnext Starts Friday, September 17th, 2021

 

MOMSnext Meeting this Friday, Sept 28th!

Hello wonderful MOMSnext mammas! I'm looking forward to seeing you all at this week's meeting on Friday, September 28th . We will begin the Wife Lab series with Julie Landreth. Please remember to bring your binders as we will continue to add additional documentation to them as we dive deeper into the series. For those of you that don't have binders or forget to bring them, never fear as we will have extras you can borrow or take home with you. Julie came to our first meeting to introduce the series. But in case you missed it and are wondering what this series is all about, you can check out some of her  videos on her website  to learn more. Food Rotation Thank you to the women at Table 1 “Radiant” and Table 2 “Flame” who will be blessing us with food this week. For the women at these tables, your table leaders will be reaching out to you this week if they haven't already to coordinate the food. MOMcon 2018! Seven of our MOMSnext members went to MOMcon this ...